Apple announced a repair program for its MacBook Pro models for the MacBook Pro systems that were sold between February 2011 and December 2013. Apple has determined that some of MacBook Pro systems exhibit distorted video, no video, or unexpected system restarts. So Apple has announced a MacBook pro repair extension program now Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will repair affected MacBook Pro systems, free of charge. Till now the repair process is only available in the U.S. and Canada. In other countries, it will be available after February 27, 2015. This worldwide Apple program does not extend the standard warranty coverage of the MacBook Pro. The program covers affected MacBook Pro models until February 27, 2016 or three years from its original date of sale, whichever provides longer coverage for you.
An affected MacBook Pro may display one or more of the following symptoms:
- Distorted or scrambled video on the computer screen
- No video on the computer screen (or external display) even though the computer is on
- Computer restarts unexpectedly
Apple started this program after number of people signed a petition online asking Apple to replace or fix All 2011 Macbook Pro with Graphics Failure. More than 38000 people signed the petition.
- MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012)
- MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011)
- MacBook Pro (17-inch Late 2011)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Early 2013)